The Nationwide meeting of the #media2012 network takes place in Manchester/Salford this year from 18-19 May. All coordinators, reporters and newcomers are welcome to attend this free meeting, which takes place within the FutureEverything festival and alongside the London 2012 North West opening event ‘Looping the Loop’, a day of festival activity. Find below, the Schedule.
For digital enthusiasts, it’s also worth coming to be around Future Everything festival, which is a must for any digital professionals and a great place to find inspiration for #media2012 activity. Professor Andy Miah will give a talk to the conference on 17th May.
More about #media2012
For #media2012 newcomers, we are the citizen newswire for London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games, creating digital innovation partnerships and an alternative media channel. Our nationwide meeting is your chance to find out how to get involved with exciting nationwide events, the London media centre plans, and the Olympic Question Time programme, all planned alongside reporting opportunities for #media2012 reporters. By joining in, you will be able to register with us during the Games, have a physical base during the Olympics, and receive a #media2012 accreditation. For institutional partners, there will also be a chance to utilize space within the media centre to showcase your events.
Friday 18th May
10am-4pm The Scotland #media2012 project ‘Citizen Relay’ is funding a hack day warm up with Paul Bradshaw, Jennifer Jones, and others. Come along to find out how to open data, learn about ‘Help Me Investigate’ and more. (Venue TBC).
Saturday 19th May
For all #media2012 curious people, newcomers and veterans, our formal meeting will take place at the Museum of Science and Industry Manchester, hosted by Future Everything. Please note, you do not require a ticket for Future Everything to attend the #media2012 event
0905-0920 #media2012 Nationwide Update by Andy Miah
0920-0930 Regional Updates (Chaired by Jennifer Jones)
- 0920-0930 Scotland (David McGillivray)
- 0930-0940 East Midlands (John Coster)
- 0940-0950 North West (Karen Shannon)
- 0950-1000 West Midlands (Luke Seager)
- 1000-1010 South West (TBC)
- 1010-1020 London + Other Regions (Andy Miah)
- 1030-1100 Plenary Discussion + Next Steps (Chaired by Andy Miah)
Presenters are asked to address the following questions. 8 answers in 8 minutes.
- What should we know about you and your organization?
- Why are you involved with #media2012?
- What have you done so far?
- What are you planning in the next 2 months?
- What are you planning during the Games?
- What are you planning afterwards?
- How can people contribute to your programme?
- What are your key dates leading up to and during the Games?
1130am Visit the Future Everything art show
12pm Bus to HandMade, Victoria Baths (£2)
2pm Bus to Media City
230pm-600pm #media2012 @ Looping the Loop (10-15,000 people)
During the afternoon, #media2012 will set up a news room, create story leads for reporters and drive recruitment.
Filed Under: Editorial
About the Author: